Thank you for your interest in joining the Bloom team!
Are you a therapist looking to join an energetic, creative team? Are you passionate about working with children, teens and families?
Bloom is a new child and family therapy practice (and sister practice to Bliss Counselling), located in Uptown Waterloo, and looking for someone who is a good fit for our practice.
Our therapists are called to do this work as a vocation rather than a job. We want to see children, teens and families grow, heal and thrive. We take pride in our clients knowing we truly care about their lives and have the know-how to understand their story at a deep level.
At Bloom, we are creative, life-long learners, believe in the strengths of young people, and are laid back and caring with one another on an interpersonal level.
Bloom hires the most dedicated, growth minded clinicians out there. As we continue building our dream team, our aim is to have therapists that represent our community. Folks that come from various backgrounds in all respects (sexual orientation, genders, SES, geographic region, spirituality, age, etc.) are encouraged to apply.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Registered Psychotherapist and/or Registered Social Worker with two+ years of experience in the field of child therapy who works with children ages 3 to 12 years old.
- A Doctoral or Master’s Degree in the field of Psychology, Child and Family Therapy, Psychotherapy, or Social Work with children;
- Experience and training in play therapy and/or expressive arts therapy
- 2 Years of experience working with children (private practice preferred);
- Passionate about the art of child therapy;
- Dedicated to personal and career-related growth and deepening their knowledge (the learning never ends!);
- Hard working with a dedicated spirit and a strong foundation in ethics, codes of conduct, and standards of practice;
- Able to work in a team environment;
- Outgoing and highly personable with strong interpersonal skills;
- Able to work some weekends and evenings to accommodate clients, as needed.
Training in trauma, divorce/separation an asset
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $60.00-$80.00 per hour (pending experience and qualifications)
Please Note: Must be comfortable with providing e-therapy temporarily due to COVID-19.