Thank you for your interest in joining the Bloom team! Send us an email any time at email@example.com
Administrative Assistant Job Description
Bloom: Child & Family Therapy is hiring a full-time administrative assistant to provide our clients with the highest quality and exceptional care. As our administrative assistant you will be the first point of contact for clients, therapists, staff, students, and external services & organizations.
We are searching for someone who is an action-oriented team player who can also work independently and multi-task. Our ideal candidate will be an agile self-starter with the ability to take the initiative, produce results with little supervision and have a can-do attitude. Superior written and oral communication skills, as well as a keen eye for the details, are an absolute must! You’ll also need superb organizational skills for scheduling appointments, keeping our documents and office neat and tidy, and juggling multiple priorities.
You’ll love it here if you are intrinsically motivated, solution – focused while problem solving, and find meaning in your work when you are creating deep and authentic connections with other people. Our clinic is very fast paced, which means you will have to be comfortable with balancing many competing priorities. If you are somebody who can handle pressure well and find satisfaction in setting and meeting your own personal and professional goals, then this job was made for you!
As the communication hub and key support person for our roster of associates, and clients, you will be the glue that holds our office together. We need someone who is warm and accepting of diverse children and clients, who loves interacting with parents, caregivers, children, and teens from all spheres and who care deeply about connecting the dots to ensure our clients’ experience is as positive and welcoming as possible. If you can’t help but go the extra mile and if making someone’s day is the highlight of yours – we want, you!
For the security and peace of our clients, we expect that you maintain a high level of discretion and professionalism. You’ll be playing a critical role in building and maintaining exceptional working relationships with the Bloom team, our community, and our clients.
To be considered for the position, we expect that you will possess the following education, skills and/or knowledge and will continue to develop the professional skills necessary:
- Diploma in Health Care Administration and/or a University/College degree in a related field;
- 1-3 Years of Experience in Reception, or Administration;
- Knowledge and understanding of systemic forms of oppression, discrimination (macro and microaggressions) and barriers to care (e.g., the social determinants of health), required;
- Knowledge and understanding of professional and ethical guidelines as per the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO) and the Ontario College of Registered Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW), are an asset.
- Diploma or certificates in Addiction, Crisis Interventions/Management (i.e. risk assessment and safety planning), Mental Health, Motivational Interviewing, Social Service Worker, Social Worker, or Child & Youth Worker are an asset;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Suites, Apple & Microsoft Products, required;
- Proficiency in online billing and scheduling software, including Jane, an asset;
The Administrative Assistant:
- Demonstrate superb writing and editing skills including proper spelling, grammar, punctuation and overall layout, as well as a commitment to accuracy and attention to detail;
- Exhibit attentive, clear, direct, diplomatic, empathetic and transparent communication skills (oral and written), while upholding our clinic’s policies and procedures (e.g., billing, cancellations and bookings);
- Share our clinic’s values and demonstrate a thorough understanding of factors that impact mental and emotional health.
- Provide friendly, caring, safe, courteous, and personalized service to our clients.
- Acknowledge that customer service is the most important differentiator and understand the significance of the role in creating loyal and happy customers.
- Maintain and contribute to the warm, welcoming, accepting and relationship-focused atmosphere.
- Model critical judgement, analytical and problem-solving skills to offer unique and creative solutions to presenting challenges.
- Manage and organize time effectively and independently.
- Display a high achieving, action oriented and results-driven demeanour.
- Offer flexibility to meet business needs.
- Scheduling in-person and virtual appointments using our online booking system, Jane.
- Confirming appointments and ensuring that instruction for in-person and virtual sessions are understood, and contracts are submitted prior to session.
- Following up on appointments and managing therapist waitlists.
- Conducting pre-screening questionnaires and discuss the limits to confidentiality with in-person clients.
- Completing billing, invoicing, financial records, daily reconciliations and handling petty cash;
- Inspiring trust and confidence in relationships with others, while possessing the ability to exercise diplomacy and warmth when working with clients and other team members;
- Demonstrating leadership, critical and analytical, solution focused and strengths-based problem solving, organizational and decision-making skills;
- Maintaining operational systems and a highly flexible appointment schedule, while utilizing considerable independence, judgment and diplomacy to manage changing priorities;
- Organizing and maintaining electronic and paper information filing/retrieval systems;
- Handling and preparing all aspects of confidential and sensitive documents (i.e.,filing, scanning, faxing, shredding);
- Tracking and maintaining relevant data, as well as conducting audits/evaluations and producing weekly, monthly and quarterly reports, as needed;
- Systemizing and keeping the lines of communication open between the administrative team, clients and therapists;
- Preparing communications and other materials for hardcopy and electronic use;
- Conducting inventory, replenishing stationary and supplies, tracking expenses and purchase orders, light cleaning and maintenance, etc.
We at Bloom: Child & Family Therapy are committed to equitable employment and are especially welcoming to applications from all candidates. Folks that come from various backgrounds in all respects (sexual orientation, genders, SES, geographic region, spirituality, age, etc.) are encouraged to apply.
Check out our website for more information about our inclusive practice and the team at www.bloomkwtherapy.ca
This position requires the candidate work in-office: Day time, some evenings
For your application to be considered, interested candidates MUST apply with their cover letter and resume.
Full-Time 35 hours per week, wage to be determined based on experience